Kayaking is something that everyone should try in their life. There are only a few adventures that you could enjoy with your family, and kayaking is one of them. The options you got for tasting the adventure are single and tandem kayaks. For family, tandem kayaks are the best since they could accommodate two or three persons at a go. But when it comes to selecting the right kayak, everyone is a bit confused. It is at this point that tandem kayak reviews help you in choosing the right one.
Types of kayak
Kayaks that we use for moving along the waves of water could be either rigid or inflatable. The rigid type of kayaks is heavy, and you have a hard time carrying this load wherever you go, and when it comes to space, it also makes you sweat. Inflatable kayaks, in contrast, are not heavy and do not pose a problem in the matter of space. Inflatable kayaks work like your inflatable pillow or balloon. When you have to use, just blow the air in; otherwise, pump it out and push it wherever you want it to be. So this makes it very easy to handle. There are a variety of kayaks available in both single and tandem kinds. Tandem kayaks are best suited for most since you could accommodate one more person with you while you kayak. This is useful when you want others to enjoy kayaking with you or assist someone in a case like first aid or other activity. The tandem kayak reviews available through various websites on kayaks, trips and travel blogs can help you decide on the best kayak that suits you.
Things that matter your selection
While you will buy your first kayak, add some of the following tips to the shopping list beside your kayak to get a better experience with your family on an adventure.
- The number of people: A kayak can have only one, two or three seats at the maximum and three-seat are a rare one. You can decide on whether to have a single or tandem based on this.
- Choice of paddling: Choosing a kayak on the first depends on whether you want to paddle independently or just by accompanying someone else. If you are choosing the latter, then tandem is the best for you.
- Level of experience: Kayaking is a pack of leisure, adventure and exercise. And many are just ready to learn the art of paddling at a very young age. So if you are a beginner, you should try tandem one only and that too with an experienced person. Though a floating tub depending on the nature of water and your experience, a kayak could zig-zag, so someone accompanying you is a must. Once it is seen that you have passed the novice level, you can get into a single one and another single accompanying you for safety, in case.
- Transportability: If you are carrying two singles, your two tandem kayaks can accommodate a minimum of four people with the same space in your vehicle. Also, if you are looking for adjustability to space, an inflatable is best, but it compromises durability. While rigid ones are durable, they need more maintenance. A look at the tandem kayak reviews would make you better understand the various prices against the features.
- Space: Kayaks are used for simple kayaking, fishing or camping at a place with your friends or family. Look for space in the kayak when you have decided at your destination already. Be sure that the tools or kits you take along the travel easily fit into the existing space. Don’t forget to take your safety kit and life jacket out for kayaking!
- Price: Don’t fall in the price tag. Ensure that you buy a kayak with the best features that suit and not the cheapest kayak in the market. Cheap price compromises with the features of the kayak. Almost all tandem kayak reviews state this fact.
If you are a beginner who is in the initial stage of starting a big adventure, then this was probably what you needed. With many an option available through a wide variety of kayaks in the market, you ought to be confused at first of their colour, features and of course the price. Tandem kayak reviews are reviews on kayaks by experienced paddlers who pen down their thoughts and experience in the form of what they loved in it the most. Though that could vary from you to another person, reviews are the best place to peep upon before buying anything, and so are the kayaks for your family.